Adding new deployments
When a new application deployment is to be created we always need the same set of information.
If possible, please supply all the information listed below and send them via E-Mail to
This helps us, the makandra Operations Team to configure your new deployment.
If some points need further clarification you should also drop us a line, we are happy to help!
Type of deployment
The deployment is ..
* Ruby on Rails
* A static page
- When will the deployment go live?
- How much traffic can we expect?
- Who shall get E-Mails from this deployment?
- Who should get (cron) fail mails (interesting mostly to developers)?
- Who should get maintenance mails (interesting mostly for project responsibles)?
- This deployment is part of which contract? (link to the proposal if you have one)
Basic deployment information
- Name of the deployment (keep in mind the appname is used for reference in config files like the database)
- Database backend (MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- database extensions (for e.g.
- SSH keys for deployment
- configuration file content (e.g. production.yml, secrets.yml)
- Additional packages to be installed (e.g. yarn, node, ruby-rmagick, wkhtmltopdf, ..)
Additional services for your deployment
Specific deployment information
* Ruby version
* Rubygems version
* Do you want to use ruby with
or tell us if you want to manage the ruby version yourself: Capistrano: Install capistrano-opscomplete
- PHP version
- DB extensions
- Elixir/Erlang version
- Is the application built on our appserver or on another machine (locally on your PC, on a CI server)
Loadbalancer / Proxy configuration
- Have you already registered a domain?
- Is DNS already configured ?
- Which domains/subdomains shall be configured?
- Is there some kind of "main" domain to which shall be redirected?
- Enable HTTPS/SSL?
- Optional SSL, forced SSL or SSL only?
- On forced SSL: rewrite flag 301 or 302(default)? See this.
- Enable HSTS?(default: on)
- Certificate: Let's Encrypt, self-provided, Extended Validation
- Is there a specific monitoring URI to be checked?
- Can we implement Loadbalancer HTTP checks?
- E-Mail notification contact (optional)
Common Loadbalancer configuration
- Are there any specific routes with non-default behavior? (e.g. separated asset vhost)
- Redirects for some URIs?
- Can we enable caching?