HTTPS / SSL
At makandra we provide you with different solutions for HTTPS/SSL.
Let's Encrypt (Recommended solution)
Let's Encrypt is a certificate authority that launched on April 12, 2016 that provides free X.509 certificates for Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption via an automated process designed to eliminate the current complex process of manual creation, validation, signing, installation, and renewal of certificates for secure websites.
- You can get certificates free of charge which covers up to 100 domains.
- You don't have to worry about verification mails, expiring or reissuing certificates.
- Everything is automated and monitored.
- If you want to use more than one certificate (e.g. if you want to split applications or need more than 100 domains) you only have to pay for the additional IP address we need.
- If your application need to get accessed by very old clients like old Java Versions, the certificate is perhaps not usable for you (see here)
Let makandra buy a certificate for you
- If you need a special certificate (like a wildcard or EV certificate) or don't want to use Let's Encrypt we can buy and configure the certificate for you. Due to the complicated pricing model of ssl certificates please ask for a price list.
- For the verification you need to have access to one of these email address of your domain:
Buy a certificate yourself
- You can also use an existing or self bought certificate. If you use more than one certificate you have to pay for the additional IP address we need.
- Please talk with us about how to send us your certificate key. Do not send us the key of your certificate through a not encrypted email.
Why do we charge for additional IP addresses
For better management of certificates and other technical reasons (e.g. SNI) we only configure one certficate per IP address.