Things you probably didn’t know you could do with Chrome’s Developer Console
- Make the whole page editable
- This is not special to Chrome, but still a clever thing:
- Taking time
- You can easily measure the time on the console with named timers:
console.time('myTime'); // Start timer console.timeEnd('myTime'); // End timer and print the time
- Reference previously inspected elements (from the Elements panel)
$nreference the nth-last inspected Element.
$0is the element that's currently selected in the Elements panel.
- Inspect elements
dir()help with inspecting elements. While
inspect()does just what Right Click > Inspect does,
dir()turns elements into objects that hold their properties. Try
- Reference the previous result