Project management best practices: Standup
If the project team consists of at least 2 members, do a daily standup. It should not take much longer than 15 minutes.
Tell everyone else
- what you did yesterday
- what you intend to do today
- where you might need help or other input
- if there are new developments everyone needs to know about
A "still working on X, will probably be done today" is totally fine. No need to tell a long story.
If you are out of work, find a new story with the others.
If there a new stories in the backlog, look at them and
- make sure everyone know what they are about
- give them an estimate (or validate the estimate, if there already is one)
The standup has multiple goals:
- Make the team feel like a team
- Make sure no developer has gone into a rabbit hole and is afraid to call for help
- Give everyone an idea what's currently going on