Posted 10 months ago. Visible to the public.
Rails 5.2 LTS Changelog
- Updated required tzinfo version to address CVE-2022-31163;
- Merged upstream bug fix for [CVE-2022-32224] Possible RCE escalation bug with Serialized Columns in Active Record. We tried to make it less of a breaking change than the official patch by adding a default set of permitted serializable classes.
- Merged upstream bug fix for recent security fix for CVE-2022-27777 and improved it; .
- Merged upstream fixes for CVE-2022-22577 and CVE-2022-27777, to include CSP headers on all all responses, and fixing possible XSS vulnerabilities via
- Merged upstream fix for loading image processing arguments with incorrect order.
- Merged upstream fix for CVE-2022-21831, which fixes a potential code injection vulnerability in ActiveStorage by adding an allowlist to image processing methods, in case user input is passed to the
- Merged upstream fix for CVE-2022-23633, addressing potential cross-request information leakage in Action Pack.
- Initial release of the LTS version of Rails 5.2.
- This is identical to the official 5.2.6 release, except for the additional Rails LTS hardening config. This config currently has no effect but might be used for future fixes (in which case the advisory will point that out).
- Supports Ruby 2.2, 2.5, and 2.7.
- (Skipped to version .10 to avoid collision with a potential future 188.8.131.52 community release.)