Changing your deployments ruby version
Default configuration with opscomplete
With the default opscomplete configuration it's not possible to change the ruby version of your deployment on your own.
That is due to the fact that we have to make sure you have the same and correct ruby version on all your servers and that the passenger is using the correct ruby version.
If you want to use another ruby version please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The process will then be:
- We will prepare the new ruby for your deployment
- You deploy your changes
- Immediately after that we will restart the webserver with the new ruby configured
Manage the ruby version yourself
Please contact email@example.com to if you want to manage your ruby version yourself.
These things will get configured:
- We are installing and configuring rbenv with the ruby-build plugin for your deploy user.
- Passenger-Ruby will get set to
- There will be a cronjob which gets executed any 5 minutes. This cronjobs checks if the ruby version specified in your
.ruby-versionis currently installed. If there is a problem you will get an email.
If you manage the ruby version yourself you have to take care of the installation and configuration of the ruby versions yourself. Our capistrano-opscomplete gem can manage the ruby version automatically for you. You'll learn how to setup this in our Capistrano documentation -> 205 Capistrano: Install capistrano-opscomplete.
Important: You also have to make sure the
bundler and (if you use it)
geordi gem get's installed after installing a new ruby version.