Changing your deployment's ruby version
firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to change how your Ruby version is managed.
This is the default for new deployments.
These things will get configured:
- We are installing and configuring with the plugin for your deploy user.
- Passenger-Ruby will get set to
- There will be a cronjob which gets executed every 5 minutes. This cronjobs checks if the ruby version specified in your
.ruby-versionis currently installed. If there is a problem you will get an email.
If you manage the Ruby version yourself you have to take care of the installation and configuration of the ruby versions yourself. Our Capistrano documentation.gem can install the ruby version automatically on deploy for you. You can learn how to setup this in our
With the legacy opscomplete configuration it's not possible to change the ruby version of your deployment on your own.
That is due to the fact that we have to make sure you have the same and correct ruby version on all your servers and that the passenger is using the correct ruby version.
If you need to change the Ruby version please contact
The process will then be:
- We will prepare the new ruby for your deployment
- You deploy your changes
- Immediately after that we will restart the webserver with the new ruby configured