Posted almost 3 years ago. Visible to the public. Draft.
fundamental capabilities of microservice production environment
- A deployment target, or runtime platform, where services are run, such as virtual machines (Ideally, engineers can use an API to configure, deploy, and update service configuration. You also could call this API the control pane, as shown in the figure.)
- Runtime management, such as auto-healing and autoscaling, that allows the service environment to respond dynamically to failure or changes in load without human intervention (For example, if a service instance fails, it should automatically be replaced.)
- Logging and monitoring to observe service operation and provide insight for engineers into how services are behaving
- Support for secure operation, such as network controls, secret management, and application hardening
- Load balancers, DNS, and other routing components to route requests from users and between microservices
- A deployment pipeline that delivers services from code, safely into operational usage in the production environment