Posted almost 12 years ago. Visible to the public.
Thunderbird: Don't automatically mark messages as read and as junk in Thunderbird
- Preferences -> Display -> Advanced (tab not button)
- If the option "Automatically mark messages as read" has the suboptions "Immediately on display" and "After .... seconds", you can uncheck the checkbox. It won't mark new mails as read anymore.
- menu -> "preferences" -> "preferences" -> "Display" -> "Advanced" tab
- uncheck "Automatically mark messages as read".
- close settings
- to mark emails as read click the tiny green circle in the list view
- or press the hotkey M
Edit -> Preferences ->Account Settings -> Junk Settings -> disable: Enable adaptive junk mail controls for this account