- General support libraries like jQuery or lodash
- Wysiwyg HTML editors
Take a look at the popular lodash library.
- Try to understand what it does.
- Lodash comes in two variants "Core build" and "Full build". Why is that? Why would you always prefer the "Core build" if sufficient?
- Why does it mention "x kB gzipped"? How is that important?
- Try to add lodash to MovieDB by simply downloading it and adding it to the asset pipeline.
Where is a good place to put it?
Can you find a way to make use of it?
- Read about how we manage vendor libraries
- Lodash also provides "CDN copies". What is a CDN? Why do you think we don't use them?
- Lodash can also be installed via "npm". What is that? Why doesn't that work for the Rails Asset Pipeline?
Exercise: Add a datepicker