Posted about 4 years ago. Visible to the public. Deprecated.
Static site generators
Streamlining the curriculum.
Talk with a colleague and find out why we're using building some of our sites using static site generators instead of Rails.
You should talk about:
- Ease of development
- Security issues and maintenance costs
Read through the Middleman docs:
- What can it do?
- What can't it do?
- What parts do you know from Rails?
- Checkout the repo for the makandra blog
- Start the preview server
- Make some changes, review them on localhost:4567
- Add a new page
/animals/your-favorite-animalthat has some facts about your favorite animal. E.g. if your favorite animal is a Capybara, add a page
/animals/capybara. Review your changes on http://localhost:4567.
- Build static assets
- Push changes + generated assets it into a branch
- Deploy the changes
- View the changes on http://blog.makandra.de/capybara.