Posted almost 3 years ago. Visible to the public.
- How do HTTP requests and responses look like? What are HTTP headers? What are they used for?
- Look at real-life HTTP exchanges:
- Open makandra.com
- Open the Network tab of your browser inspector.
- Reload the page.
- Inspect each request and look at its request headers, response headers and payloads.
- What is HTTP/2?
curlto save a copy of
curlto save the CSS stylesheet of sueddeutsche.de
- Understand how
telnetand request the index page of sueddeutsche.de by typing in a HTTP request manually.
SSL / TLS
- What is SSL / TLS?
- Why do we need it?
- How do SSL certificates work?
- What is a "certificate authority"?
- What's the significance of the "Common Name" entry in a SSL certificate?
- What does "certificate chain" mean?
- Find out how you can see SSL info for this very website in your browser.
- Go to https://badssl.com/. For a few of the broken SSL examples: See how your browser reacts. Try to understand what is wrong.
- What is DNS?
- What are A, AAAA, CNAME, MX entries?
- What are subdomains?
- Imagine an application that is running as
https://www.moviedb2000.de. Now the project is renamed and should be moved to
https://filmplexhq.com. Which steps are necessary to make this change? Are there any problems doing this?
tracerouteto find out where www.makandra.com is physically located.
- What way does a package take when you request www.makandra.com from inside our offices? Actually name the physical places the bits visit during their trip.