Posted almost 3 years ago. Visible to the public.
- Understand what Capistrano does
- Understand the differences between Capistrano and
- Understand multi-stage deployment
- Understand the differences between Rails environments and Capistrano deployment targets
- Understand "roles" in Capistrano configuration
- Understand how to make Capistrano do something custom during deploy
- We make database dumps on every deploy. How do we do that?
- We show the total size of the dumps on every deploy. How do we do that?
- Understand the differences between the
deploy:migrationstasks and which one you want to use
- Understand the
geordigem and what its
- Understand the Capistrano directory structure on a target host
- Understand some differences between Capistrano 2 and 3
- Capistrano's own Readme
- Directory structure on the remote server
- Configuration (only skim through the details)
- Deploy flow
- Daniel's Master Thesis (2.3 Deployment der Anwendung)
- Get SSH on one of our applications. Open a shell to the application directory, look around and understand the directory structure.
- In one of our projects, look at
config/deploydirectory. Get a rough understanding what those files do.
- Get an operations engineer to help you deploy MovieDB to http://moviedb-yourname.makandra.de/ using Capistrano.