Posted over 2 years ago. Visible to the public.
Play with the language:
- Understand the difference between function pointers ("anonymous functions") and function invocations
You should be able to answer the following questions:
- Understand what jQuery does
- Understand how to select DOM elements using jQuery
- Understand the difference between a jQuery collection/object/result set and naked DOM elements
- Open any web page and use jQuery to select DOM nodes from a browser's developer console
- Understand how to register event handlers using jQuery
- Understand why we often use a library "Lodash.js" or "Underscore.js"
Understand why we sometimes use Coffeescript (you don't need to understand the language in its entirety)
- Write your own version of the
Array.mapfunction. Name it
myMap. It should work exactly like
Array.map, but should be your own code.
mySelectthat works like Ruby's