The solution was rewritten to be more robust:
- Fix "ChunkLoadError: Error loading chunk 0" in parallel tests runs (affected apps that have a
- Prevent RSpec from compiling packs once for each test process when calling specs without a local webpack-dev-server
- Don't freeze the parallel tests suite if the first test process crashes during compilation
- Prevent making a trillion SHA1 hashes over the file contents of every file in app/ during tests
- Remove duplicate digest logic already implemented in Webpacker itself
- Also recompile when files in config/webpacker changed (use Webpacker's logic)
- Fix a bug where multiple packs would be created after the user deleted public/packs-test (to remove a cached build).