Posted about 2 years ago. Visible to the public.
Dealing with legacy applications
Talk to your mentor about how we're approaching applications that are either old or adapted from a different team:
- Add integration tests for the happy path
- Always add tests on whatever we work on
- Make sure setup for a new developer is as frictionless as possible (ideally it's
bundle && rake db:create db:migrate)
- Make sure deployment is as frictionless as possible
- Setup failure notifications
Also have a look at our homepage.